DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Customers In connection with your query about our products and services, or in connection with your order, we will collect, store, and certain information about you.
Suppliers In connection with your supply of products and services to us we will collect, store, and certain information about you.
We have grouped together the various kinds of personal data which we may collect, as follows:
- Identity data: your first name and surname, title, position within your organisation (if relevant) and, where provided, date of birth and gender.
- Contact data: including billing address and delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial data: including bank details and other payment details (which will only be used for payment or payment processing purposes).
- Account/transaction data: details of your previous orders or supply to us, other details of products and services you have purchased from us or that we have purchased from you and payment, billing and credit history details.
We do not collect or hold any ‘special category’ data about you (such as information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership or health).
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Customers We only collect information about you when you contact us with a view to requesting or ordering products or services from Ewart Engineering Ltd..
Suppliers We only collect information about you when we contact you with a view to requesting or ordering products or services from you.
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- You, as the representative of the business with whom we are doing business.
- Third parties or a publicly accessible source, such as your business website or the website of a trade association of which you are a member.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Communicate with you in connection with the supply of products and services. This is usually either pursuant to a contract between us or in anticipation of a contract being entered into.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
We will only share your personal information with third parties where we need to do so;
- To comply with our agreement to purchase or supply products and services pursuant to the relevant order/specifications.
- To instruct third party professional advisers such as insurers, accountants or lawyers
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with the law and our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected and to fulfil our legal obligations. While you, or the business you represent, remain a customer or supplier of Ewart Engineering Ltd. we will retain your information in order to continue providing our products and services to you or purchasing products and services from you. We will not retain more information than we need. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Angela Tinning (Angela@ewart-eng.co.uk) in writing.
DATA PRIVACY QUERIES
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Angela Tinning (firstname.lastname@example.org) .You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues but we hope that, should any issues arise, you will speak to us in the first instance.